Why Sherlock Holmes cannot be a “high function sociopath”. It’s not Anderson who hasn’t done his research.
- What “sociopath” was originally meant to describe and why it is no longer used.
- Why “high function” cannot be used to describe a psychopath
- A psychiatric analysis of Sherlock featuring Pinocchio and his cricket
- Putting Sherlock through the psychopath test
- Why Sherlock is using this self-diagnosis as an excuse
I have written about this before. As a medical student I decided it was time to explain to Sherlock why he cannot be a high functioning sociopath in more detail.